Preaching notes from a sermon on one of our church values: reliant by Rev Ron Cross. You can listen to a live recording of this message at the talks section of the website.
Scripture: Ephesians 3:14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Regardless of where we are, and what we are currently facing, we must maintain our value of being reliant on God.
- The growth we have experienced at St Saviours is not the result of our wisdom or effort, but the result of the guidance and provision and our reliance on God.
- God is able to accomplish infinitely more or do exceeding abundantly more than we can ask or think.
- When we rely on God, when we rely on Him to move, when rely on Him to work in our lives, when we rely on the Holy Spirit to minister to us, when we rely on God to do what only He can do, then we will experience His touch on our lives.
Challenge: Are you fully reliant on Him?
Each and every one of us has a vital role to play in carrying out the work of God here in this church.
- Are you excited about the unlimited possibilities before us?
- Have you embraced the vision God has for our future?
- He is more than able to exceed anything we can ask or imagine.
Rev Ron Cross